To make sure the possibility to claim damages if any of them take place during the vehicle shipment, you should do the following:
- Make sure the auto shipper that you have chosen provides you with insurance for the full cover of any damages or losses your vehicle can suffer during the automobile transport.
- Before you give your vehicle to the car mover check if you have received the car inspection report, where the current condition of your car is stated (all the damages, scratches and so forth that currently your vehicle bears are fixed therein). Keep this document until your vehicle is delivered.
- On delivery check the general state of your car very carefully (roof, bumpers, inside condition and so forth) and make sure it corresponds to the state of your vehicle as it is fixed in the car inspection report. In case you find some damages, occurred during the transport, put them down and after the driver has been informed about them ask him to sign all the stated inconsistencies.
- As soon as all the inconsistencies have been stated inform your vehicle moving company about them. Thus the auto mover will have to give you reimbursement for all the damages and inconsistencies to the condition of the vehicle on the pick-up date, which has been caused during the car shipment process.
- If any disputes on the reimbursement take place, try to resolve them with your car shipper. And if you fail to come to any reasonable decision and the car hauling company refuses to pay you reimbursement, you can apply to Better Business Bureau of the place, where the auto mover is located. And finally if you have a court judgment you can apply to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
All America auto transport company providing vehicle shipment and satellite tracking services. To learn more visit: aaat.com. Services for shipping your vehicle one place to another place throughout USA.