Auto transport article- car shipping accidents & measures to bring it under control
If you are planning to ship your car, just fill our Online quote form or mail us to email@example.com and avail free satisfactory quote from us right now.
So what are you waiting for? Call us now at (800) CAR SHIPPING / (800) 227-7447 for questions or a quote.
Does the size of a car matters?
According to the Laws of Physics size is important because mass, coupled with acceleration, determines the force of a crash.
Why small cars are built?
Small cars are built keeping in mind the precautions and the safety measures. But that doesn't mean that all vehicles are equally safe all the time.
Why do people choose small cars?
People choose small vehicles because they are generally more environmentally friendly, a great value, they provide for greater driving and parking options in congested urban areas, and many consumers tell us they are simply more fun to drive.
Why small cars won't keep you safe?
Injuries depend on the forces that act on the occupants in the car, not on how much external damage the car sustains. The force of a crash turns on two key attributes:
- The weight of the crashing vehicle - which determines how much speed must be absorbed during the impact.
- Size of the vehicle - which determines how close the front of the vehicle is to the driver--an essential indicator of the extent of injuries to the legs and torso.
Fuel efficient small cars are necessarily not safe
Based on the reports by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety some vehicles have a driver fatality rate of more than twice the average rate i.e. around 15 vehicles are found with low fatality rates of 25% of the national average.
None of these 15 vehicles are small cars. Of the 16 most dangerous vehicles, 11 were small cars and small trucks.
Distracted driving is unsafe and should be avoided
Though you are already familiar with the number of factors that are instrumental in motor accidents, none of them can be compared with distracted driving. Some of the comon distractions that happen very commonly are shown in the diagram given below
Drunk driving is always at the top position from among other reasons
- Every year alcohol-related fatality rate is reaching over 10,000.
- In the year 2010 around 10,815 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes.
- On average for every 50 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash.
- Researches show that weekend drivers were twice more likely to be involved in drinking and driving car crashes than weekday drivers.
On by clicking on the map get to know the total state-by-state auto accident fatalities in 2008 and the percentage of car crash deaths that involved a driver who had .08% blood-alcohol content or higher.
Be sure to wear your seat belts
- Of the drunken driving crashes where seat belt use was known, nearly 75% of all drunk drivers killed in accidents in 2008 weren't wearing seat belts.
- 17% of the American teens were involved in drunken driving.
- In the United States, a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level of .08 or higher is considered above the legal limit in nearly every state.
- The most frequently recorded BAC level among drivers who were killed in alcohol-impaired-driving accidents in 2008 was .16, or twice the legal limit.
Study Reveals the Dangers of Texting While Driving
The following statistics come from a study conducted by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI):
|Dialing Cell Phone||2.8 times as high as non-distracted driving|
|Talking/Listening to Cell Phone||1.3 times as high as nondistracted driving|
|Reaching for object (i.e. electronic device and other)||1.4 times as high as non-distracted driving|
|Dialing Cell phone||5.9 times as high as non-distracted driving|
|Talking/Listening to Cell Phone||1.0 times as high as non-distracted driving|
|Use/Reach for electronic device||6.7 times as high as non-distracted driving|
|Text messaging||23.2 times as high as non-distracted driving|
Things to be avoided to get away from accidents
Given below are the ten most important points through which you will be able to avoid getting caught from at least 90% of the accidents happening.
Trucking Accidents that occurred during Auto transport of Cars
Tractor-Trailer Carrying Cars Caused Accident, Falls apart on Highway
On the Interstate 64 in Virginia (VA), a tractor trailer which carried multiple automobiles hit a car and fell apart along the highway, which resulted in major delays since two lanes had to be closed.
This truck/car accident happened on the eastbound lanes close to the Camp Peary exit. After the tractor trailer hit the car, it slammed into an overhead sign leading to major guardrail damage after the trailer's vehicles inundated I-64.
Tractor-Trailer Carrying Cars Overturns in Albemarle County
A tractor trailer that was doing auto transport for cars was over-turned on the route 22 in Albemarle County. The wreck happened just north of the intersection with Route 250 in Shadwell.
Taylor County Car shipping truck Accident
A tractor trailer which was delivering several cars form Illinois to Baltimore and was on U.S Route 119 in Taylor County, got stuck in a ditch when the driver turned down a side street to turn around. Luckily no one was injured.
The main reason to why such devastating accidents usually happen is due to the sheer size of these tractor-trailers. Most of these trucks weigh over 80,000 pounds, according to the Department of Transportation, and it wouldn't surprise me if the trailer in this accident weighed even more since it was hauling vehicles.