Car Shipping to Tennessee
Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) provides the best innovative designs in transportation for highway systems.
Let us look into some features that TDOT provides to its citizens and travellers.
Tennessee 511system enhanced to provide road information on state highways
TDOT has enhanced and improved its Tennessee 511system making it easier for the caller to retrieve information on road and travel conditions, incidents, and construction on state highways.
If you are planning to ship your car, just fill our Online quote form or mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org and avail free satisfactory quote from us right now.
So what are you waiting for? Call us now at (800) CAR SHIPPING / (800) 227-7447 for questions or a quote.
Travelers have the option of accessing road and travel conditions using the Web at www.TN511.com or by dialing 511 on their cellular phones or their land lines.
- Types of information that TDOT 511 system provides
Weather conditions statewide, Road construction and planned road closures on interstates, U.S. routes, and state routes in Tennessee ,Traffic incidents, Transportation, Airports, Tourism
- Use TDOT SmartWay for Real time Traffic Options
Tennessee has other options for motorists in getting traffic information. The TDOT website featuring TDOT SmartWay provides real-time traffic information - including camera images and message boards - as well as weather-related road conditions. Nowadays toll roads are giving another option for TDOT to meet the state's growing transportation needs.
Due to congestion car shipping industry and many of the auto transport industries are losing $20billion every year. It is very cheaper and more environmental friendly to run a truck at 55 mph moving down the highway on a toll lane than having the truck sitting in traffic by wasting lot of time and fuel.says Gerald F. Nicely, the Commissioner of TDOT.
TDOT Highlights Children Safety-Never Leave Children Unattended in a Vehicle
Children are not safe from heat buildup when motorists crack the window of a parked car,
With unusual temperature this summer, the TDOT took some time reminding the motorists not to leave children or pets in an unattended vehicle, which can be a dangerous and sometimes deadly offense.
The best way to protect your children is to never leave them unattended in a vehicle; not even for a minute. This negligence could lead to the loss of a loved one, as well as jail time or stiff penalties. Don't risk it.-- said Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Mike Walker.
- High car temperatures can be deadly
On a typical sunny, summer day, experts say the temperature inside a car can reach potentially deadly levels within minutes. Even on a mild day at 73 degrees outside, an SUV can heat up to 100 degrees in 10 minutes and to 120 degrees in just 30 minutes. At 90 degrees outside, the interior of a vehicle can heat up to 160 degrees within several minutes.
- Simple steps can save your loved ones
- Children should never be left alone in a vehicle, not even to run a quick errand.
- Children can set a vehicle in motion. Always lock your car and ensure children do not have access to keys or remote entry devices.
- Keep vehicles locked at all times, even in the garage or driveway.
- Keys should never be left within reach or sight of children.
- Be sure that all occupants leave the vehicle when unloading. Don't overlook sleeping babies.
A child or a pet should never be left in an unattended vehicle under any circumstances – especially in the heat,--said Department of Safety Commissioner Dave Mitchell
Motorists should routinely make sure all occupants exit the vehicle whenever they leave a car. An illness or even worse, a death, due to such a senseless tragedy is absolutely preventable.
- If a child gets locked inside, call 911 and get him/her out as soon as possible
- If you see a child or animal unattended in a car, be proactive and call 911.
TDOT Beautification Office has its eye on the phrase "Keep Tennessee Beautiful"
The Beautification Office encompasses a multi-faceted group of programs ranging from regulatory control oversight to preserving, sustaining and enhancing the beauty of Tennessee landscape. Several programs have been launched to control litter and junkyards.
Programs adapted for litter control and improving scenic beauty are:
- Adopt-A-Highway Program
- Report Littering from Vehicles -Online Litter Report Form or call 1-877-8-LITTER
- Litter Grant Program
- Junkyard Control Program
- Outdoor Advertising Control Program
- Vegetation Control Program
- Tennessee Groves
- Tennessee Roadscapes
- Scenic Highways/Tennessee Parkways/National Scenic Byways Program
- Keep Tennessee Beautiful (Keep America Beautiful Affiliate)
- Keep Tennessee Beautiful Advisory Council